Our rates reflect the time necessary to thoughtfully read and consider your manuscript, prepare a written “AFTER CONSULT SUMMARY” (see Services Page for description), and provide some guiding line edits.
We also include helpful handouts that can aid your revision.
* Picture Book, Main Text under 300 words: 2-4 hours/$150
* Picture Book, Main Text between 300-600 words: 4-6 hours/$275
* Picture Book, Main Text over 600 words: 6+ hours/$350
* Poetry Collections: prices vary according to number and length of poems
Additional Á La Carte Choices:
* Back Matter Review (1-4 pages of text): $60
* Video Chat, up to 30 minutes: $30 (A great opportunity to discuss the diagnosis and ask questions.)
* Follow-up Look: $60 (Resubmit your revised manuscript for a follow-up written critique. If desired, we will continue
to offer feedback as needed. For example, some clients have approached us for a second and a third review. Note:
A request for a follow-up look will trigger this fee. Be sure to have all your revisions made before requesting.)
* Consulting Hour(s): $60/hour (Every so often we are approached with a project that doesn't fit neatly into the categories listed above. For those tasks, we will quote consulting hours to address your request if we feel it is a fit.)
Manuscript diagnosis generally takes between 2-4 weeks. Note: A deposit of $100 is due to get in queue for your Check-up. (Instructions on how to pay your deposit will be provided on your invoice. We accept payment via PayPal or paper checks.)
We have had individuals approach us about forming a "mentoring" type of relationship and we do embrace this approach! When you are assigned an "on call" Rhyme Doctor for your first project, that expert will stay with you for all successive check-ups. Why? That doc has developed a deeper familiarity with your work, given much thought to critical insights to better assist you, and has established a bond with you on your writing journey. In fact, all three Rhyme Doctors have mentored writers by working on multiple picture book critiques and a la carte offerings! PLUS . . . you may not realize this, but in actuality you are receiving "three docs for the price of one"! We make it a priority to review all new cases and after-visit consults with each other to ensure we are providing TOP expert care.
How to Submit Your Work:
Contact us HERE if you are interested in working with us.